The development of technologies for the 21st century, coupled with fundamental scientific inquiry, is driving new theoretical and experimental research on control in quantum systems. Experience has shown that systematic use of quantum control theory leads to significant improvements in technologies ranging from magnetic resonance to prototype quantum computers. Compelling case studies of quantum control have been developed in wide-ranging fields such as chemistry, metrology, optical networking and computer science.
This is the eleventh international workshop on Principles and Applications for Control of Quantum Systems. The first workshop of that name was held at the California Institute of Technology in 2004. We retain its basic aim: to bring together researchers in physics, control theory, dynamical systems, stochastics, signal processing and information science to strengthen the community of quantum control.
As in previous workshops, all lectures will be from invited speakers and will present recent developments at the forefronts of theoretical research, experimentation and motivating applications.
The 2017 conference is taking place at the Hotel Deca, in Seattle, Washington, from Monday, July 17, to Thursday, July 20, 2017. A poster session will be held in the afternoon of the second day; participants can submit a title/abstract from the Registration page (details about poster sizing will be sent later by email). This year, we will have two special sessions on quantum control in industrial research labs and integrated quantum photonics for quantum control.
- August 1: The PRACQSYS 2017 Conference Proceeding is now available for download as a PDF.
- July 17: Welcome to PRACQSYS 2017! The most up-to-date conference schedule is now available on the Speakers & Program page.
- June 28: The PRACQSYS 2017 conference schedule is now available on the Speakers & Program page.
- May 22, 2017: Seeking a room share? We’ve added a roommate board.
- May 16, 2017: The student poster deadline has been extended to May 22.
- April 25, 2017: The student travel grant competition is now open. We’ve also added information on nearby childcare options.
- April 5, 2017: The poster deadline has been extended from April 30 to May 15.
- March 7, 2017: Announcing speakers from — HP Labs and Technical University Munich.
- March 2, 2017: Registration for PRACQSYS 2017 is now open!
- Feb. 13, 2017: Announcing speakers from — ImPACT Program, Japan Science and Technology Agency; Tsinghua University; Swansea University and Yale University.
- Jan. 20, 2017: Announcing speakers from — Yale University, University of New Mexico, University of Sydney, Dartmouth College, Laboratoire Aimé Cotton, Inria, Leibniz University, IBM and ETH Zurich.
- Dec. 18, 2016: Announcing speakers from — Microsoft, Google, Sapienza Università di Roma, University of New Mexico, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Sandia Labs, Stanford University, UIBK and the University of Nottingham.